Partner, Malibu, CA
A consulting practice providing client services for
implementing and managing technology strategic alliances, tactical sales programs, integrated web technologies and sales distribution channels.
- Distribution channel consultant "in residence" for the Adaptive Business Leaders Organization; secured distribution agreements (with Ingram Micro, Merisel, Tech Data and other regional distributors) for clients including New Media, V-Systems and Optical Laser.
- Chief architect and director for the National Recreation and Park Association's technology architecture plan (CTAP Website).
- Facilitator and Project Manager for Hewlett Packard's Media Solutions Group.
- Integrated the technology access during the Community Technology Centers Network annual conference 2001; created and maintain the conference brain called "The Next Wave LAP".
- Director of Community Networks for SEE-LAP, a non profit Local Access Program for community development.
- Events Director and e-Learning Facilitator for the CoWorking Institute.
- Chief Community Officer (independent consultant) for several clients including IDG Channel
Services (developed IT strategy and revenue models for the Solutions Integrator Channel) and Catfish Productions (developed and managed the
successful online community and eCommerce site for actress Jane Seymour).
- Business Champion for AOL/Netscape Netbusiness Site.
- Producer of the "SOHO Community Symposiums"
in partnership with the National Recreation and Parks Association, Lap.org and a host of technology company sponsors.
- Owning Member of the Chaordic Commons establishing new forms of self-organizing, self-governing organizations.
- Frequent speaker, trainer and workshop facilitator at ASP Forums, NRPA Conferences, Gartner
Group Conferences, CTC-Net Conference, CPRS Conference.
- Facilitator and Instructional Design Consultant for numerous online events (clients include
Hewlett Packard, Agilent, CPRS, and Compaq).
Vice President, Chief Community Officer, Malibu, CA
Provided the vision, strategy and managed the
operations, online community and customer experience processes for a business-to-business e-commerce portal for small office, home office professionals.
- Increased site registration rates by 57% while lowering acquisition costs by 50% saving the company $680K annually.
- Increased average time per website visit by 320% (from 7 to 23 minutes).
- Developed the e-commerce and online advertising programs which generated 72% of the revenues
from the website (annual rates of $3.4M).
Durand Communications, Inc.
Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Santa Barbara, CA
Software Development Company offering Internet and Intranet communication tools, enterprise software and hosted services.
- Launched the real estate industry’s first online service in partnership with the Santa Barbara
Board of Realtors and the New York Times.
- Developed a successful VAR Channel for enterprise software consisting of over 250 Value Added
Resellers and 2 international Distributors.
- Achieved 280,000 registered members to the CommunityWare site within 12 months of launch.
- Secured strategic alliances with AT&T WorldNet, New York Times, LA County Office of Education and Digital Equipment Corp.
- Raised over $6M in investment capital and managed the company’s acquisition by a leading public company.
President, Channel Services Group, El Segundo, CA
2nd largest distributor of microcomputer products delivering 500 manufacturer products and services to 55,000 resellers.
- Had complete P&L responsibility for 5 Service Divisions (Contract Telemarketing, Retail
Merchandising, The Information Company, Educational Services and Systems Configuration Services).
- Integrated value added services into strategic relationships with over 75 of the leading
technology manufacturers (including IBM, Compaq, Microsoft, Intel, HP).
- Generated an incremental $9M annual bottom line gross profit.
Vice President, The Information Company, El Segundo, CA
Created all vendor, reseller and internal enterprise systems
for product and program data management (EDI, E-commerce, SELline, DialUP SalesNET, and DataDashboard) with significant cost reductions and increased customer satisfaction realized through
electronic information management.
- Achieved an 18% conversion of all order volumes to online systems within the initial 12 months;
1800 resellers participating which grew to over 15K resellers within 3 years at an annual cost savings of over $3M.
Vice President, Product Management, El Segundo, CA
Managed a department of 13 direct reports (VP and
Director level) with a total of 180 associates responsible for the P&L on 40K products from 500 vendors.
- Generated an incremental 5.5% of gross profit through negotiated Vendor Rebate program incentives.
- Improved Merisel's shipping accuracy from 98% to 99.5%
Vice President, Consumer Products Division, El Segundo, CA
Founded the new division responsible for sales, merchandising
and support for the entire line of personal computer products in the mass merchant retail channel
- Signed exclusive distribution partnerships with 13 of the nations leading retailers.
- Established an early lead 85% marketshare over competitors.
- Developed a full service approach to mass merchant retailing in over 8500 retail stores monthly
- Lowered product returns by 65% saving over $5M in annual inventory write-offs.
- Implemented the first EDI Program for major national retailers that reduced order-processing costs by 75%.
- Generated an incremental 7% of gross margin through merchandising services and point of sale reporting.
Kenfil Distribution, Inc.
Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Van Nuys, CA
International Distributor of Personal Computer Software
- Built and managed the inside and field sales and marketing organization for VAR, Retail and
Corporate Reseller Channels totaling 3800 accounts.
- Grew revenues from $60M to over $120M in 1 year.
Tandon Computer Corp.
Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Moorpark, CA
Manufacturer of Personal Computers and Peripherals
- Built and managed all aspects of the reseller and direct channel sales and product marketing
(inside and field) for 35 models of personal computers and 50 different peripherals.
- Hired and mentored 13 Regional Sales Managers and 35 District Sales Managers.
- Closed multi-million dollar contracts with Northrop, Lockheed, General Dynamics and the US Army.
- Secured the first GSA Schedule C contract producing over $22M in annual revenues.